Whilst every client is different, you still tend to get a lot of questions that are regularly asked, and repeating the answers can be an inefficient use of your time.
Consider breaking questions into two categories: ‘Administrative’ and ‘Advice’. Then, leverage your time more effectively by easily and cheaply building videos to answer those questions. Advice firms are saving hundreds of ‘man hours’ with this simple tip, and when you know the right software and equipment to use, it is no harder than sending an email.
Why not even build the videos into your advice process at the appropriate times, and empower your admin team by having a library of video links that can be quickly and easily sent to clients? Of course for the ‘Advice’ component of your videos, you’ll need to make sure the videos are general in nature, and as you build your library, you’ll have to run them through your appropriate compliance process.
The following are a sample of questions we created video answers for in our planning business;
- How do I read my balance sheet?
- What’s the difference between holding my insurance inside super vs. outside super?
- How do I read my investment statement from XYZ?
- How do I complete the ABC form?
- How do I log in to get that report you showed me for my portfolio?
- Which is better for my SMSF – a Corporate Trustee or an Individual Trustee?
- What is this letter I got sent yesterday from Woolworths about my shares?
But best of all, this strategy doesn’t just save you time – many clients will also send these videos to their friends (for them, it is far easier than making a traditional referral, as they are just demonstrating to their friends how good their adviser is!)
Create a set of videos that work for you and leverage your ability to be able to service your clients by using your ‘one to one time’ with them in higher value ways.